Each night, Jerome would tell us...
J : Tonight is my last night here. Tomorrow I'm packing my things into the luggage. I am going home.
Me : Home? This IS your home.
J : No, my home is 1047. (Our apartment number in America.)
------------
J : When are we going back to America?
M : Not for a long time. (Not until Adele is old enough to ask to see the place she was born.)
J : I've been waiting a long time. Can we go now?
---------------
J : Why are we not going back to America?
M : It is too far away.
J : It is not very far. You just have to take 2 airplanes.
M : It took us 20 hours to get home!
J : This is not my home.
----------
J and I figured he thought we were "going" to SG for a short time, like a holiday & then "returning" home to USA.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment